This program is no longer accepting applications for this season!
Please check back after January 1, 2015 for more information.
What is a Junior Zookeeper?
- A student between 13 – 17 years of age
- Has a love of animals
- Has an interest in the Zoo
What does a Junior Zoo Keeper do?
- Will help with classes and programs conducted at the Zoo
- Interpret at exhibits for the general public (it'll be fun we promise!)
- Make enrichment for the animals
- Help with special events
- Learn to handle program animals.
What do you need to do to be a Junior Zoo Keeper?
- Fill out and submit the application by April 17, 2015
- Submit a letter of reference from a teacher or non-family member
The Education Department will contact you to set up an interview.
Once accepted into the program, all first year program participants will be required to attend a one-week training camp scheduled (date coming soon).
The fee for this program is $50.00 for Niabi Zoological Society Members and $60.00 for non-members
and is due on the first day of camp.
Training camp hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Were you a JZK last year and hoping to be one again this year? You just need to fill out the application and submit it by April 17, 2015.
The 2014 Junior Zookeeper Application
is available. Applications are due April 17, 2015.